We are looking for a .Net developer to build software using languages and technologies on the .Net framework.
.Net Developer Duties
The candidate should be able to create applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support.
In this role, writing functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects, is essential. A big part of your daily responsibilities will include the following:
• Root cause analysis
• Data analysis on SQL Server
• Debugging, enhancing and maintaining C# applications
• Debugging, enhancing and maintaining VB.Net applications
• Debugging, enhancing and maintaining VB6 applications
• Working with Marval, BitBucket, SourceSafe and Confluence
• Communicating via Email and Skype
Your goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software and communicate this to the client on a daily basis. You will learn the client’s business procedures to ensure full understanding of the system, business rules and expectations.
If you are also passionate about the .Net framework and software design/architecture, we’d like to meet you.
.Net Developer Responsibilities
• Producing code using .NET languages (C#, VB.Net)
• Upgrading, configuring and debugging existing systems
• Providing technical support for web, desktop and back end applications
• Participate in requirements analysis
• Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
• Write clean, scalable code using .Net programming languages
• Test and deploy applications and systems
• Revise, update, refactor and debug code
• Improve existing software• Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
A legacy, data driven application is maintained on a daily basis hence the will to learn, or know VB6 to ensure client expectations are met. Crystal Reports are used as the platform for report generation.
Documentation and knowledgebase forms part of this responsibility to ensure the latest knowledge is shared and updated.
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Attention to detail
• Proven experience as a .Net Developer or Application Developer
• Familiarity with the .Net and ASP.Net Core framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns
• Knowledge of at least one of the .Net languages (e.g. C#, VB.Net)
• Familiarity with architecture styles/API (e.g. REST)
• Familiarity with IT service management systems
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar with at least 4+ years of working experience
• Crystal Reports
To apply for this position, click APPLY NOW below and include your cover letter and attach your CV.