Thistle Initiatives are specialist consultants providing businesses operating predominantly in the financial services and insurance verticals expert advice & support to their clients on FCA Regulatory Requirements; corresponding procedures and innovative FinTech/RegTech solutions to manage these accordingly.
The client needed to have an innovative solution focused on the management of Appointed Representatives (ARs) across different services and products. The strategic growth through acquisitions meant Thistle Initiatives required a FinTech/RegTech solution that was both agile and scalable, to handle the growth in their portfolio offering.
Core functionality included streamlining existing business processes, reduction in duplicate data entry, document collection, data indexing and validation. The solution needed to be user friendly with a particular emphasis on rapid information retrieval on demand.
TechFINIUM developed a bespoke FinTech/RegTech solutions to meet Thistle requirements, using the Mess App and Service Architecture platform, infoFINIUM.
The functionality developed enabled Thistle to comprehensively manage all of its AR’s and consistency across its subsidiaries, thus allowing all of Thistle’s clients to reference all of their responsibilities and compliance needs via a secure web portal.
The future was bright
On request, additional models were added to the solution; such as monitoring continuous professional development (CPD), enabling self-directed training management with automated report generation and distribution to senior stakeholders.
As this solution was finalised from TechFINIUM’s Build, Operate, Transfer (BOT) delivery model, the complete solution was recently handed over to the client, who are now fully managing their newly integrated solution in-house.
Key benefits to Thistle:
Our client required a flexible partner that would go the extra mile and not work within constraints. They needed a small team of experienced IT professionals ranging from Business Analysts to System Developers to understand their requirements, develop the system and provide implementation support to ensure a smooth, efficient, continuous process was put in place.
TechFINIUM catered for Thistle Initiatives’ project, functional, budgetary and timescale requirements by providing a fit for purpose and cost-effective solution. The client also required external support resources available post project to assist with any issues.
The solution benefits include:
- A custom solution providing quick ROI
- Cost savings: optimised use of staff time enabling better productivity
- Time savings: reduction in manual intensive data and document retrieval process
- Streamlined existing business processes & Regulatory report generation
- Document repository and sharing amongst stakeholders and end users
- Reduction of manual and duplicate data entry thereby eliminating human error
- Unified document and data storage facility
- Automated secure individual attestation process
- Company wide employee development (CPD) management solution
- On demand report creation for client and staff profitability statements
- Automated distribution of regulatory status updates and reports to key stakeholders within the business
- Self-sufficient End-2-End compliance solution
- Adaptable solution partner ensuring seamless integration into the functional and architecture teams
- Additional external support outsourcing as and when required
Who are we?
TechFINIUM is a leading trusted software and solutions provider. Our aim is to enable businesses to efficiently manage business critical processes, corporate governance and compliance – globally.
We are proud of our team of highly experienced & well-connected professionals, who have been successfully delivering business solutions across diverse technologies and in multiple industry sectors.
Along with this, we are able to call on our extensive network of consultants, partners and associates to augment our delivery capacity. TechFINIUM currently has operations in the UK, South Africa and India.
Can we help with a project you are working on? call us on or leave your details and we will call you:
‘Harnessing Technology Boundaries’